A Pictoral Description of the Goings-on in the McGuinn Family and Other General Randomness



Friday, October 8, 2010

Scrapbook Circle September Kit Creations

I waited and waited for this kit to come.  I drooled over it for weeks and couldn't wait to get all crafty with it.  Well it arrived at my doorstep in its signature Scrapbook Circle pizza box and I got STUCK.  Don't get me wrong the papers were to die for and all the contents were brand new, just released products, but I could not get scrappy with it!  The elements are bit feminine and do not have a specific theme so I really had to put some effort into using the kit.  I just started using it last week and below are the two layout I came up with.  I have to say, I really like the way they turned out!

The first layout is of my youngest.  My sister took this picture back in April when her was just about to turn 3.  I love this picture and immediately upon developing it, put a framed copy up in my house.  I love the sweet *innocent* look on his face.  I wanted the picture to be the focus.  I like how all the page elements tie together but no one item overwhelms the eye and takes your attention away from the photo.  The little tag at the bottom right of the picture says "happiness in when you smile".  Isn't that true for all of us with kids.  We live an breathe for those smiles!


The next layout is a really beautiful picture of my Dad and Mrs. C from a few years back.  I'm not sure how I obtained this photo, but really glad I have it.  My Dad lives in NY during part of the year and then a hour and a half away for the other part so I don't see him or Mrs. C all that often and I really don't have many pictures of the 2 of them together.   The black and white print in Mrs. C's dress was my inspiration for the 2 large black rub-on elements.   The journaling reads "I'm so happy my Dad and Mrs. C have each other love each other and to be each other's friend." 


I hope you enjoyed these layouts! Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment