A Pictoral Description of the Goings-on in the McGuinn Family and Other General Randomness



Thursday, October 7, 2010

Scrapbook Sussies September Kit Layouts

The September Sussies kit featured the Rustic Sun paper line from Fancy Pants Designs (a favorite manufacturer of mine) and Peachy Keen from Kaiser Kraft. 

Rustic Sun is a great summertime kit, the colors aren't you standard "summer brights", this line includes darker blues and burnt oranges and mustardy yellows.  It's a welcome change to the normal summer lines I see.

The layout I did was of my two boys with some of their little friends at a birthday party.  They were sent outside to enjoy some popsicles.  I love the little popsicle "glittercut" that was included in the kit.  Totally perfect, I know!
The Peach Keen line was not the type of paper line I would normally purchase for myself.  Much to feminine for my taste.  But, that is what makes being a kit subscriber so fun!  I forced myself to find pictures that would go with the line and scrap them!  And I really happy with the way they turned out!

The layout above is from a trip my DH and I took this summer. A much needed chance to get away from it all.  This layout was super simple.  i used a craft knife to cut some slits so I could slip my photo behind the flowers.  Added some rubons to fill in the open space, through on a few flowers, a title, some journaling and voila!

The layout below is from a picture I took at Butterfly World.  I don't normally scrap pictures without people in them but this picture was just too pretty, and it helped that it was a nice match to this paper line!

 Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment