A Pictoral Description of the Goings-on in the McGuinn Family and Other General Randomness



Saturday, October 23, 2010

October Scrapbook Circle Kit Creations

I finally finished making Halloween Decorations (I'll post some pics soon), so I dove right into the October kit from Scrapbook Circle. This kit was a great combination of artsy and cutesy, including papers from Glitz, October Afternoon and House of Three.

I had some school pictures of Tyler that I had been waiting to scrapbook, the Schoolhouse line from October Afternoon was perfect and the kit came with 3 different papers from this line.  Here are the pages I did using mostly these papers.


Notice the yellow border strip on the right side of the picture in the first layout and the red strip on the left side of the picture in the 2nd layout?  Those are Artisan Elements from Pink Paislee.  They also came with the October Scrapbook Circle kit.  The come "unfinished" and you can alter them with whatever medium you choose.  I used paint in both layouts.  You'll see a few other options in the layouts below.

The "trendy" papers in this kit were from Glitz and House of 3 (same company that designed my blog header).  I liked them because they did not have a specific "theme".  They are not the paper I would normally choose if I were out shopping, because I would have no clue what to use them for, but when they come shipped to your door along with a bunch of embellishments pre-coordinated just for me, using those papers gets alot easier!

Here is the first layout.  In this layout I gently rubbed a black inkpad across the Artisan Elements (see strip towards bottom of layout) and it really grunged it up.  Only the raised portions of the strip picked up the ink.  I also used the 7 Gypsies rubons that also came with this kit.  They are the black number/signs that you see in the upper left corner of the photo, in the bottom right corner of the layout and a few other random spots.  Again, this is an item I would have never purchased for myself, but LOVE how it looks!


Lastly, I scrapped some pics I had for a while of my sister and Byron, out doing one of their "outdoorsy" things.  The background paper is from House of 3 and has a design that will "resist" any altering you do to it.  I used a green and a blue glimmer mist, which colored the background of that paper but not the raised "relief" image.  Pretty cool, huh?  The Artisan Element strip at the bottom of the layout was altered using glimmer mist in an antique gold color.  The mist is a liquid so it settled into the lower portions of the design and left the raised portions uncolored.  Pretty cool.  Also, on this layout I sprayed a flower made out of newsprint with the same color glimmer mist and another flower (this one is made from fabric) with a yellow glimmer mist to pick up on the yellow in the Glitz paper.

Overall, I am happy with this kit and the layouts that I was able to create with it.  In fact, I have one more layout planned using the scraps from this kit ans possibly a few "teacher" cards using the scraps from the school-inspired line.  If you are looking for a kit club to join, I highly recommend Scrapbook Circle.  As of today, they still have a few October kits left and if you check out their blog for a sneak peek of the upcoming November kit.

Please leave me comment letting me know what you think about this kit and layouts and if you belong to any kit clubs!

1 comment:

  1. Great pages. I really like the second kit! The pages turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete