A Pictoral Description of the Goings-on in the McGuinn Family and Other General Randomness



Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Layouts


I went scrapping with a friend this weekend and got 2 pages finished.  For some reason, I can't get beat this "2 page curse".  I guess I'm not so great at multitasking (scrapping and chatting).  Anyways, I think all in all the layouts I finished were so-so.  Not my best work, but I have a hard time being creative when I am limited to the supplies I have brought with me to the crop.

The first layout is about T's excitement the night before we took him to Disney.  He kept asking if we were going to see Mickey tomorrow.  Over and over again.  I used product exclusively from the Scrapbook Sussies May 2010 kit.  Most of the paper and embellishments are from Pebbles, Inc. Tree House line.  The branch and tree houses were all hand cut by me from a patterned paper included in the kit.  If you are interested in this kit, I believe they still have some available.


This layout continues my Disney theme.  We absolutely love EPCOT.  We go there every time we go to Disney.  We love to walk around to the different countries and sample all their native foods and especially, beverages!  I have always liked the architecture of the Chinese buildings and the colors are so vibrant!  We ended getting absolutely poured on while we were in China, but luckily I got some pics before the monsoon started.  This layout is done with a hodge-podge of stuff from different manufacturers.  All the flowers were originally white.  I sprayed them with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to have them match the layout.


Well, that was all I accomplished at the crop, but at home I snuck in one more layout.  We went bowling last Father's Day and I took some fun pictures of us all bowling (but of course their are none of me, because I am always the one behind the camera).  I loved the pics but had a hard time getting them into a layout.  There were so many pics and so many colors in them.  I have a hard time scrapping more than 3 photos at a time.  Well, anyways this is what I came up with.  It is a 2 page spread, meaning the pages go side by side into 1 long layout, but I can't figure out how to scan it, so you'll see it here as 2 different photos.


The bowling pins are clip art from the Internet which I printed, cut and decorated.  I think it turned out pretty good.  It's kind of an old fashioned scrapbook style, but sometimes a basic design is just what you need.

Hope you have a happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I love your work. Especially the top page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS-I'm following your blog now. Check out mine and if you like it follow me too. :)

    ReplyDelete