A Pictoral Description of the Goings-on in the McGuinn Family and Other General Randomness



Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday's Naptime Creations




I finished two pages while the kiddos were napping. I'd say that plus two loads of laundry equals a pretty productive few hours! Today, I felt like scrapping some older photos from 1999 and 2000. "Shark Valley" has pictures from a 15 mile bike ride in the Florida Everglades that Dan and I did together while in Florida on vacation. They gave us these old, rusted, broken down bikes to ride, but we were young n' buff back then so we made it without incident. Unfortunately, we didn't see any alligators either. I was so happy to have had this bicycle paper on hand, from the Bo Bunny "Sun Kissed" Collection. It was a little too feminine to use for the boys, but any picture with me in it is fair game to kick up the girly factor! All of the papers used are from that line as well as the chipboard embellies. I sprinkled in a little "Bayberry Cottage" from Pink Paislee ("valley" and gem brads), and of course had to use some American Crafts Thickers ("shark").




I also scrapped a beloved picture of my Mom and her good friend Pudgie. My sister and I were friends with Pudgie's children growing up and this picture reminds me of our times camping together during the summer when we were small (I don't have any pictures of us camping, sigh...). I love it when I get to use a piece of paper or an embellishment that I just didn't think I had any use for before. For some reason, the patterned paper in this layout just wasn't "doin' it" for me. It came from a 2010 Scarlet Lime kit, which I normally adore, but this paper just didn't appeal to me. As usual when looking for paper to go with a photo, I just start rummaging through my stash, waiting for something to jump out at me and catch my eye. Well, today it was this paper! This paper was pretty busy so I combined it with some other minimal accents from Melody Ross (transparent swirl with crystals), Jenni Bowlin (butterfly) and a flower (some brand carried by Michaels). It's not my favorite layout of all time, but I am glad I finally got this picture scrapped!

No comments:

Post a Comment