A Pictoral Description of the Goings-on in the McGuinn Family and Other General Randomness



Saturday, August 28, 2010

Kit Clubs - Scrapbook Sussies




I belong to four different scrapbook kit clubs. Every month they send me an array of goodies from different manufacturers that they have coordinated. Usually when I get these kits in the mail, I split everything up an refile in my own system. Most of the items never get used together as a kit, as they were intended. But, this month I did things a little differently. I made pages using the contents of the kits, adding only minimal items from my own stash. If you like to scrapbook, but don;t have anything more than a Michael's or Joanne's to get product from, or don't like to do the work of coordinating, then a kit club is a great idea. I have a local store nearby, but I can't resist getting these presents in the mail each month. I think it stems from my Mom's habit of ordering clothes through catalogs. It was always so exciting to come home and see a package had arrived!

These pages were done using the August 2010 Scarpbook Sussies kit. I love the Sussies kits and have been a member for almost two years. Sussies kits are two-sided. Each side is based with a particular line of paper from a single manufacturer. August included new releases from Bella Blvd. and We R Memory Keepers. The kit is really embellishment heavy (the best part about scrapbooking if you ask me!) and the owner gets creative pulling coordinating embellishments from all different manufacturers.

Two of the pages were from a fun-filled day we spent with the Foster Family on their boat. I also snuck in a page from Carter's 3rd Birthday. His big day fell in the middle of the week, so that night we just had a leftover cupcake from the ones I sent to school with him and one present. The rest had to wait until his birthday party.

I hope you like them!

2 comments:

  1. 'Love the bright colors. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging! These pages are really cute, love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete