A Pictoral Description of the Goings-on in the McGuinn Family and Other General Randomness



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Baking

When I was a kid, my Mom used to bake at least 10 different kinds of Christmas cookies and give everyone she knows a huge pile wrapped in colored plastic wrap.  She also used to complain the entire time.  Now I understand why.

I made 5 different kinds this year.  It's a lot of work.  But when I'm elbow deep in chocolate, walnuts and coconut, with flour in my hair I am truly happy.  I may not realize right then, like when I can't get the macaroons unstuck from the cookie sheet and have to throw most of them in the trash, but when I look back, I am happy.  I think my Mom would be proud that I bake these cookies, using the same recipes she used.


Here's a few pictures:





No comments:

Post a Comment